Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FW: Re: Importing data from an expired tape.

2004-03-15 13:23:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FW: Re: Importing data from an expired tape.
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:23:30 -0800 (PST)
--0-966282749-1079375010=:34465

did you select the correct date range for your bpimport?

Chirag Parekh <ChiragP AT belkin DOT com> wrote:Hi,

Further on the topic, I tried what Netbackup suggest on doing to import the
image from an expired tape via the GUI but it gives an error message that no
images found.

The data is there on the tape as it hasn't been used by any other backup's. Any
idea how can i retrieve the data?

> Chirag Parekh
> Junior UNIX Systems Administrator
>
> Belkin Corporation
> Information Services
> 310.604.2015
> 310-604-2022 fax
> 310-863-1494 mobile
> chiragp AT belkin DOT com
> www.belkin.com

Confidential
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property
of Belkin Corporation and/or its affiliates, are confidential,
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one
of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe
that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender and delete this message immediately from your computer.
Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
--0-966282749-1079375010=:34465

<DIV>did you select the correct date range for your
bpimport?<BR><BR><B><I>Chirag Parekh &lt;ChiragP AT belkin DOT com&gt;</I></B>
wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Hi,<BR><BR>Further on the topic, I tried what
Netbackup suggest on doing to import the image from an expired tape via the GUI
but it gives an error message that no images found. <BR><BR>The data is there
on the tape as it hasn't been used by any other backup's. Any idea how can i
retrieve the data?<BR><BR>&gt; Chirag Parekh<BR>&gt; Junior UNIX Systems
Administrator<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Belkin Corporation<BR>&gt; Information
Services<BR>&gt; 310.604.2015<BR>&gt; 310-604-2022 fax<BR>&gt; 310-863-1494
mobile<BR>&gt; chiragp AT belkin DOT com<BR>&gt; www.belkin.com<BR>&gt;
<BR>&gt; -----Original Message-----<BR>&gt; From: Chirag Parekh <BR>&gt; Sent:
Monday, March 15, 2004 9:08 AM<BR>&gt; To: 'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn
DOT edu'<BR>&gt; Subject: Re: Importing data from an expired tape.<BR>&gt;
<BR>&gt; Hi,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I accidentally expired a tape I didn't intend to
and put that in scratch ....
 Wanted to know is there any way I can import the data from that tape back and
write it onto the same tape or another tape for that matter? <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;
Chirag Parekh<BR>&gt; Junior UNIX Systems Administrator<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Belkin
Corporation<BR>&gt; Information Services<BR>&gt; 310.604.2015<BR>&gt;
310-604-2022 fax<BR>&gt; 310-863-1494 mobile<BR>&gt; chiragp AT belkin DOT
com<BR>&gt; www.belkin.com<BR>&gt; <BR><BR>Confidential<BR>This e-mail and any
files transmitted with it are the property<BR>of Belkin Corporation and/or its
affiliates, are confidential,<BR>and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or<BR>entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not
one<BR>of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe<BR>that you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the<BR>sender and delete this
message immediately from your computer.<BR>Any other use, retention,
dissemination, forwarding, printing<BR>or copying of this e-mail is strictly
maillist - Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<BR>http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR><BR>aaarrrggghhh!!!!<br>FreeBSD
--0-966282749-1079375010=:34465--