Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Server Weirdness

2004-03-13 17:51:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Server Weirdness
From: Harry.Schaefer AT turner DOT com (Schaefer, Harry)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:51:39 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4094D.22F16556

All,

I have an issue with a media server. It usually has 2 drives connected. I
pulled one off to use for a DR test. I put it back, upped the storage unit
maximum drives setting back up to 2, and followed the prompt to restart the
media manager daemon.

Problem is that it is only using one drive. It will randomly use either 0cbn or
1cbn, but never neither at the same time, so I know the drives work on the
hardware level.

Anyone seen this before and have any tips on what to do? Both media and master
are Solaris 8, and NBU Data Center 4.5 FP4...

Thanks,
Harry S.
Atlanta

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4094D.22F16556

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>Media Server Weirdness</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>All,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have an issue with a media server. It usually has 2 =
drives connected. I pulled one off to use for a DR test. I put it back, =
upped the storage unit maximum drives setting back up to 2, and =
followed the prompt to restart the media manager daemon.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Problem is that it is only using one drive. It will =
randomly use either 0cbn or 1cbn, but never neither at the same time, =
so I know the drives work on the hardware level.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Anyone seen this before and have any tips on what to =
do? Both media and master are Solaris 8, and NBU Data Center 4.5 =
FP4...</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Harry S.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Atlanta</FONT>=20