Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restores requiring multiple offsite tapes

2004-03-05 11:20:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restores requiring multiple offsite tapes
From: sq01 AT yorku DOT ca (Steve Quan)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:20:58 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

We occasionally get requests for recoveries that require multiple tapes that
are no longer in our tape library. We also have staff that are responsible
for getting these tapes placed in the library in a reasonable amount of
time. The problem we're experiencing is that not all the required tapes
show up in the Pending window (xdevadm) at the same time, requiring
multiple trips to the library location (machine room is on another floor),
and unnecessary delays to the recovery.

Is there a way for the NBU Administrator/Operator to determine the FULL LIST
of restore tapes, without having to look at the restore requestor's
bplog.rest.xxx log ?

Thanks,
/Steve