Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Failed Oracle backups

2004-03-04 10:08:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Failed Oracle backups
From: mleary AT trusecureonline DOT com (Leary, Mike)
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:08:43 -0500
Steve,

There is a step in upgrades that requires you upgrade the recovery catalog
after applying some patchs (not all patches require it).  It is always safe
to run the upgrade just to be safe.  :)

Connect to the target and catalog as normal via RMAN.  Once connected issue
"upgrade catalog;" twice (it is required to issue it twice to confirm the
upgrade request).

This will reinstall the recovery catalog packages and upgrade the catalog to
the correct version that supports the target.  The catalog can still run on
a lower level of oracle (for example: we have a 9.2 catalog in a 8.1.7.4
instance) but must be at least the level of the target instance.

Hope this helps!!  Good luck!

Mike Leary
Oracle DBA / Data Architect
Managed Security Services