Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Jobs writing to a drive?

2004-03-03 11:17:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Jobs writing to a drive?
From: Ed.Toner AT eu.nabgroup DOT com (Ed.Toner AT eu.nabgroup DOT com)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:17:45 +0000
Kevin,

They way I understand it is netbackup backs up to a storage unit and
doesn't really care about which particular drive is doing the backup.

Now  you could run
  bpdbjobs -report  -all_columns
then filter it for the active jobs and extract the last mount request for
the job (probably use perl as it's a bit fiddly).

Then using vmoprcmd determine which drive actually has that tape in it. You
may have to query a few media servers with vmoprcmd depending on how your
tape drives are laid out.

Messy but you did say "any ideas" ;-)  and depending on your scripting you
could automate it.

Cheers
Ed Toner

Message: 6