Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 'bpduplicate' and use of a BID file

2004-02-25 10:39:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 'bpduplicate' and use of a BID file
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:39:17 -0700
Sequential...It takes the first bid file then the next, etc.

So depending on how many bpdup's you have running with bid files you
could find yourself in a race condition for source tapes.

Ex.  Source Tape A00001 contains backupid_083038202...and
backupid_099908800

If your bid file1 has the 1st image in it and bid file2 has the second,
you will "wait" potentially for the first to complete before the second
will have an opportunity to run.

That's why I like to sort them by Media ID.  In my opinion it's the most
efficient way to duplicate the images.

David A. Chapa * Technical Advisor, Technical Marketing * ADIC *
720.249.5836 * david.chapa AT adic DOT com

Pathlight VX - Integrated Disk-to-Tape Backup - http://www.adic.com