Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL Server DB Agent

2004-02-18 11:46:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL Server DB Agent
From: charles.somogyi AT bms DOT com (Charles R Somogyi)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:46:49 -0500
Hello All:

Does anybody have opinions on the NetBackup SQL DB agent for 4.5.
We have several small SQL server DB's and are not sure if we
should try to implement agent or simply use bpstarts and ends to
start and stop SQL processes and backup up "hot" backups from the
client's disk (the process we have been using for years). It has
shown that many a time, the agents sound like a great idea but
then when trying to implement, the overhead is realized and it is
considered "just not worth it". Could anyone send on info
regarding limitations, problems, etc, etc.

(NB 4.5/ HP / STK / LTO2)

Thanks.

Charlie