Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Remote Connection to Master Server

2004-02-18 11:07:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Remote Connection to Master Server
From: sja AT charter DOT net (sja ltw2k)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:07:19 -0600
You don't mention the version of NetBackup, but on 4.5 FP3 and 5.0 pretty
much all admin functions can be done from the Java gui installed on Windows.
You would still run into the port issue, and if the ports needed cannot be
opened up, you are SOL.  One slim possibility might be to use something like
stunnel, but I am not a network nor firewall expert so I don't know how
difficult this set up would be.

Lurch