Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple streams question

2004-02-17 12:24:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple streams question
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:24:55 -0600
--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

* William J Maniates <wmaniates AT csc DOT com> [2004-02-17 10:55]:
> Hello,
> I am trying to configure a NetBackup 4.5 class to backup multiple streams.
> I have added the entry NEW_STREAM to the files list and checked the
> "allowed multiple streams" box from the attributes.  NetBackup spawns all=
 4
> jobs but while one is active 3 sit in queued state.  Is there some way I
> can have all 4 jobs run concurrently?  These jobs are 4 filesystems from
> our SAN mounted onto 4 separate mount points on our backup master. Each
> filesystem is about 300GB.  This is why I would like to run them
> concurrently.  This is a Solaris 8 environment.  I am not sure what I am
> missing.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Make sure you have enough drives defined to run multiple backups at the
same time. You have correctly defined the job to create multiple
streams, but the tape end is not set up correctly.=20

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1