Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup under windows 2003

2004-02-11 03:44:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup under windows 2003
From: mark AT steelfamily DOT org (Mark Steel)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:44:16 +0000 (GMT)
I have recently migrated a customer from solaris to windows 2000 master
/media server pair due to license and server cost.

Bottom line - Its cheaper because its not as good a platform.

We've had to add unix command line tools and perl to manage and report.
Were continually tuning to try and make it work reliably, and also to get
the most performance out of the drives attached (lto-2).

I would personally prefer the linux route - you have a rich command set on
the platform, and it costs the same for nbu on linux as windows.

Regards
Mark