Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Gen 2 LTO Drives

2004-02-09 16:14:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Gen 2 LTO Drives
From: lkoehler AT Carlson DOT com (Koehler, Logan)
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:14:18 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3EF51.ADB9E1C9

We recently installed IBM Ultrium Gen 2 drives in our STK L700 library.
I use mostly Qlogic HBAs 2200 and 2300 on W2K and NT media servers and 1
emulex, fiber connection to all drives.  We have a SUN Master server and
some sun media servers. We write to disk and tape through our SAN. =20

The issue we are having is mainly from the Windows servers.  We are
using the Halfinch.sys driver.   When I reboot a server I can see all
the drives (11) from the OS, I can run a TPAUTOCONF -T and see the drive
information including the serial number.  I can see the same information
in the Media and Device management GUI.  If I check the next day I will
lose the serial number information for a device, not all just one, and
not the same one all the time on all servers.  Has anyone else
experienced this?=20

Logan Koehler
Systems Administrator
Carlson Hospitality Worldwide
402-501-5170

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3EF51.ADB9E1C9

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.6487.1">
<TITLE>Gen 2 LTO Drives</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We recently installed IBM Ultrium Gen 2 =
drives in our STK L700 library.&nbsp; I use mostly Qlogic HBAs 2200 and =
2300 on W2K and NT media servers and 1 emulex, fiber connection to all =
drives.&nbsp; We have a SUN Master server and some sun media servers. We =
write to disk and tape through our SAN.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The issue we are having is mainly from =
the Windows servers.&nbsp; We are using the Halfinch.sys =
driver.&nbsp;&nbsp; When I reboot a server I can see all the drives (11) =
from the OS, I can run a TPAUTOCONF -T and see the drive information =
including the serial number.&nbsp; I can see the same information in the =
Media and Device management GUI.&nbsp; If I check the next day I will =
lose the serial number information for a device, not all just one, and =
not the same one all the time on all servers.&nbsp; Has anyone else =
experienced this? </FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Logan Koehler</FONT></B>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Systems Administrator</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Carlson Hospitality Worldwide</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">402-501-5170</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3EF51.ADB9E1C9--