Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BMR How to test production servers

2004-02-06 17:55:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BMR How to test production servers
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:55:56 -0600
--=_alternative 007DF8AA86256E32_=

So i've been dabbling in BMR this week.

I have been backing up and restoring TEST systems. Things have been
working ok.

Now i'd like to try my DV systems. Which is a production system to our
developers and can't be down.

BMR requires DNS to do it's restores. On Solaris servers it also needs the
same mac address.

So my question is how do you test a production bmr client? Do you need to
shutoff your clients?

Thanks Again,

Karl
--=_alternative 007DF8AA86256E32_=

week.</font>
TEST systems. Things have been working ok.</font>
is a production system to our developers and can't be down.</font>
On Solaris servers it also needs the same mac address.</font>
production bmr client? Do you need to shutoff your clients?</font>
--=_alternative 007DF8AA86256E32_=--