Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #2900 - Multiplexing tapes

2004-02-05 12:20:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #2900 - Multiplexing tapes
From: mhickey AT glasshouse DOT com (Mark Hickey)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:20:37 -0500
Dave, Karl,

  I think that what Karl is asking is if the same drive can be used for
MPX and non-MPX backups (the answer is yes - the minimum of the MPX
level on the STU and the MPX level on the schedule will determine the
number of streams actually sent to each device).  The "DB slices" will
not run the risk of being multiplexed if they are in a separate
schedule, and the schedule MPX is set to 1.  If the "DB slices" are in a
filesystem policy, and the MPX is set to >1, then they may be
multiplexed.

Message: 7