Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB45 upgrade client on Unixware problems

2004-01-30 08:21:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB45 upgrade client on Unixware problems
From: rolfcolmer AT hotmail DOT com (Rolf C)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:21:04 +0100
Hello all,

I am a total dummy on Unix. We had to upgrade a NB 3.2 client on Unix to a
NB 4.5 client, OS is SCO Unixware 7.1. So i arranged someone with Unix
knowledge. He tried to install the client from the original cd
(\NBClients\anb\clients\usr\openenv\netbackup\client\sco\unixware) but the
install script failed. His point of view is that SCO Unixware is not
supported by the install script.

Now if i check the Veritas website and i search for documents or downloads
etc on SCO, Unixware etc there are NO documents/downloads etc.

He manually followed all steps in the script and updated the client like
that. Now it works, but it would be nice to just use the install script. Now
we have the problem that when i start the BP command on the Unix client and
i want to search for images on the master server i get a Socket Read Error
(client has 2 NICs). The restore directed from the master server works.

Anyone has experienced the same problems or know what we do wrong?

Thanks!

Ontvang je Hotmail & Messenger berichten op je mobiele telefoon
http://www.msn.nl/communicatie/smsdiensten/hotmailsmsv2/