Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is anyone doing cross-campus In Line Tape copy Or IBM 3592 Tape Drives?

2004-01-29 16:01:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is anyone doing cross-campus In Line Tape copy Or IBM 3592 Tape Drives?
From: Dmitri.Smirnov AT fusepoint DOT com (Dmitri Smirnov)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:01:21 -0800
We replicate images to another DC using 'rsync'.
We decide not to replicate directly to tape(s) - kind of expensive to
have dozen of megabytes per second available between datacenters.
We tried to use bpduplicate to duplicate images from local tape to
remote disk - "error 6: not supported feature" in Netbackup 4.5 (MP6).
May be 5.0 will help us?

So, we backup on disk, replicate images using 'rsync' with bandwidth
control, tweak NBU catalog,
duplicate from disk to tape in every location using bpduplicate, tweak
catalog :), etc
It works...

Dmitri