Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Win2000 client problem: 249 status code

2004-01-29 09:58:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Win2000 client problem: 249 status code
From: Louis-Luc Le Guerrier <leguerri AT Canr.Hydro.Qc DOT Ca> (Louis-Luc Le Guerrier)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:58:34 -0500 (EST)
Hello,
I'm running NetBackup 4.5FP3 on a master server under
Solaris 9, and one of our Windows 2000 clients can't be
backed up and returns an error code "249 -- File list is
incomplete". In the logs (bpadm, (R)eports, (A)ll), there
are several errors with a code "OTM" and a file neme
is listed.

This problem started gradually. First it started on Full
backups only, and not everytime, then the failure rate
quickly rose to 100% on Full backups. Yesterday, that
249 error occured for the first time on an incremental
backup.

Can anyone suggest anything to try? What I can see is that
the number of files on this Win2000 client grows, and there is
not
very much RAM installed (80MB). I consider adding RAM, but
I want to have an idea if that will solve the problem.

This is situation is becoming critical, because there is
crucial data on this machine.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Luc