Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ndmp/netapp, dedicated tape drive?

2004-01-28 12:39:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ndmp/netapp, dedicated tape drive?
From: dlowenst AT mail.sdsu DOT edu (Dave Lowenstein)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:39:26 -0800 (PST)
I'm interested in getting a netapp but i need to be able to back it up to
my existing sun L9 LTO autoloader which is attached to a sun 420. I'm
using NB business server 4.5 fp3.

I've been talking to a netapp sales engineer about using ndmp to do this.
It is my understanding though that doing a 3 way ndmp backup requires a
dedicated tape drive for ndmp which won't work for me. I still need to do
my regular netbackup stuff for my unix hosts.

Am I misunderstanding something or is a dedicated drive needed for 3-way
ndmp backups?

Dave Lowenstein
Analyst/Programmer
Instructional Technology Services