Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Installing client code from NB4.5FP6 CDROM...

2004-01-25 22:30:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Installing client code from NB4.5FP6 CDROM...
From: crhea AT mayo DOT edu (Cris Rhea)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:30:40 -0600 (CST)
> That teaches me to think about NetBackup when I'm off the clock!
> :-)
>
> rob

OK, how about another mind bender...

I made a cpio archive of /usr/openv from one of my "normally installed"
RH9 servers and burned the image to a CDROM.

Took it home and unrolled it onto my home Linux system (Fedora FC-1, BTW)...

Fixed the configs in nbj.conf and bp.conf and added the RPM for
compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118.i386.rpm for good measure and POOF! -
jnbSA works!

Slow to start on my P3/866 128MB memory system, but once running, MUCH
BETTER response talking to the master than running the display remotely.

OK, weekend fun and games are over... back on the clock tomorrow!

--- Cris

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea                     Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility             Pavilion 2-25