Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Installing client code from NB4.5FP6 CDROM...

2004-01-25 11:42:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Installing client code from NB4.5FP6 CDROM...
From: crhea AT mayo DOT edu (Cris Rhea)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:42:25 -0600 (CST)

> install script errors notwithstanding, what you describe is not a
> scenario where you would do a "client software" installation.
>
> if you want to run jnbSA on your linux box at home, you will actually
> be doing a full NBU server install.  (you linux box will essentially
> be a media server with no associated devices or storage units)
>
> I would hope that this install would work for you off of that FP6 CDROM.
>
> HTH
> rob

???

My 'normal' (on the local corporate LAN) clients all have jnbSA loaded...
you can just enter the host name of the master (along with login/password)...

I thought that was the whole point of the Java interface-

    1. Same look and feel for both Windows and Unix based systems.

    2. Fire up the Java console and manage anything from anywhere...

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea                     Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility             Pavilion 2-25