Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Installing client code from NB4.5FP6 CDROM...

2004-01-24 18:46:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Installing client code from NB4.5FP6 CDROM...
From: crhea AT mayo DOT edu (Cris Rhea)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:46:53 -0600 (CST)
Ever since we were forced to use new Java-based tools, I've had a hard
time doing remote admin of my NB server- Even though I have a 256Kb link
to my house, the Java tools are about 50X slower than the previous
X-based ones.

Trying to fix this, I brought home the NB4.5FP6 CDROM (the 3rd version
of the ISO image) so I could install jnbSA locally on my Linux box.

>From my understanding, one should be able to run the "install" program
and select "client software" from the list.

This fails miserably due to coding errors in the install scripts.

>From the errors, it was clear Veritas hasn't tested this function
recently.... :(

Is there a version of the CDROM where this works or should I just
tar up the /usr/openv directory from a Linux system at work (network
installed from the master) and bring that home instead of doing a
"real install"??

-- Cris