Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Importing questions

2004-01-22 10:26:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Importing questions
From: jrmajor AT TexasChildrensHospital DOT org (Major, Rusty)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:26:27 -0600
My Master Server crashed this past weekend. I have successfully restored it,
but I need to import the backups that occured after the last catalog backup.
If I run bpimport -create_db_info -id <media_id> -L, will that tell me what is
on the tape, but not import anything?
I have tried it on several tapes, but got no output at all and wanted to verify
I was running the correct command for the info I want to see.

Environment is 3.4, patch level 3A, all Windows 2000 SP4 servers in an SSO
environment.
(Yes, we are upgrading to 4.5 in the coming weeks =) ).

Thanks for the help!

Rusty Major, MCSA, MCSE
Information Services
Texas Children's Hospital