Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] media write error 84

2004-01-20 11:30:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] media write error 84
From: dbase77 AT yahoo DOT com (Feroz F. Basir)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:30:08 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,

I received "media tape error 84" few times now. System
log file showed it was media error not hardware. I
dont understand why it failed on new tape media.
Anyway, I have backup windows for 5 hours and attempt
option set to 2 times per hour. When first attempt
failed, it will retry later on. My problem is,
netbackup use the same tape again and again. So it
will fail throughtout backup windows. Is there a way
to set netbackup to use different tape after first try
failed? This is schedule backup.

Another thing is, If my backup windows is from Tuesday
20/01/04 22:00:00 and end Wednesday 21/01/04 02:00:00,
it will only run successful backup once right? It wont
run twice, first for tuesday and second for wednesday.
Anybody can clarify this issue for me, please?

OS: solaris 8 sparc
tape: 2 x LTO
tape library : L25

Thank you in advance.