Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU4.5 FP_6 issues

2004-01-20 10:03:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU4.5 FP_6 issues
From: frank.douma AT amd DOT com (frank.douma AT amd DOT com)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:03:26 -0600
We had only the bpsched core dumping problem.
I installed MP6, not FP6 on my master.
All my medias stayed at MP2.
Everything worked as advertised, except for the bpsched
core dump, which was WAY bad as it broke many backups.

(Solaris 8 Master Server by the way, core dump in / was
an indicator for the problem, "file core" showed it was
from bpsched.  bpsched runs only on the Master, by the way)

Veritas support was great, got me an "engineering version"
of bpsched, that matches what is now in the official patch.

Everything else has worked without incident.  My specific environment
is heavy Sun Solaris for what that's worth.

SO, if you have any failing backups after going to MP6/FP6
you may need a new bpsched on your master.

Frank D.