Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery: only have netbackup tape

2004-01-17 05:37:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery: only have netbackup tape
From: vcs AT myrealbox DOT com (Mike Anderson)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:37:15 +0100
Thank you for your reply David,

The reason is that for this particular case, we are not allowed to give
the customer the catalog. They require a tape monthly and we don't want
to give other information regarding out backup system to them. And we
cannot afford having another backup server for them. And they don't want
a plain old tar tape they require the backup taken by veritas netbackup.
So I am trying to show that the tapes can be extracted, but I am
unsuccessful for now. The backups are done on the windows server. I
tried to extract the tapes on the unix using the modified veritas tar,
but still unsuccessful. For some reason when I import the tape it still
doesn't show in the list of backups either.

Mike