Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows backups running slow Netbackup 4.5 FP3 !

2004-01-14 21:24:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows backups running slow Netbackup 4.5 FP3 !
From: karunanidhis AT hotmail DOT com (Karun Subramanian)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:24:43 -0800
Hi Folks !
I have a Sun V480 Media Server connected to a IBM LTO 3584 library with 6
tape drives.
My unix backups are running fast enough.
But Windows clients backups are running slow. The strange thing is when I
run one job, it runs faster. But as I start more Windows backup jobs, the
speed of induvidual backups reduce gradually. If I run 4 jobs
simultaneously, each job runs at 1/4th of its original backup speed. The
unix jobs are running just fine. The Windows clients are in a different
subnet but there are no routers in between. When I start killing the backup
jobs, the active jobs gradually speed up.

6 drives are connected to 3 SCSI controllers.

My Buffer parameters are,
NET_BUFFER_SZ = 256 KB
SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS = 64 KB
NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS = 64

Any idea ???

Thanks.

Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up ? fast & reliable Internet access with prime