Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Command to interrogate UP/DOWN status of robot?

2004-01-13 07:22:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Command to interrogate UP/DOWN status of robot?
From: M.W.Ellwood AT rl.ac DOT uk (Ellwood, MW (Mike) )
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:22:18 -0000
We are running with a Sun Storedge L20 robot with HP Ultrium1 LTO drives.

Occasionally we will have a problem with the robotics requiring manual
intervention,
typically requiring us to run an online test ("calibrate library") which
usually sorts things
out.

I can see from /var/adm/messages that the robot has gone into a DOWN state,
and
then when the test has run, it goes back into the UP state.

However, the log is only providing history, and I'd like to be able to
interrogate its status
(from a script) in real time.

I was wondering if there was a command around, similar to vmoprcmd (which
reports
on the drive status), which might tell me?

With thanks,

Mike Ellwood