Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Replacing a tape drive help

2004-01-08 18:16:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Replacing a tape drive help
From: Jeff.Stewart AT cibmis DOT com (Jeff Stewart)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:16:19 -0600
Paul,

I ran into this same situation about a month ago.  I am running NB 4.5
FP5 on a Win2K master and media servers.  These are connected using SSO
via fibre channel to a STK L80 library using HP LTO-1 drives.

I had a bad drive and had to replace it.  After the replacement, I tried
performing a manual "Scan for hardware changes," with no luck.  None of
the servers would discover the new drive in Windows Device Manager until
I rebooted them.

One thing I did not do was delete the old drive from Windows Device
Manager, as you did.  After the reboot, it disappeared by itself.

I don't know if a reboot of the library, or a reset of the SCSI bus
would have made any difference.

Jeffrey Stewart
Network Engineer
CIB Marine Information Services, Inc.