Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Script writers, HELP !! Clear Case backups

2003-12-30 06:48:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Script writers, HELP !! Clear Case backups
From: jroyer AT colltech DOT com (Joe Royer)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 05:48:52 -0600 (CST)
Instead of bpstart_notify, perhaps you should define a User-initiated
schedule and have your script do a manual bpbackup of each filesystem
after it locks the VOB.  bpbackup -w will wait and return a status on
completion.

Using the bpstart/bpend setup, you would need to create a separate
policy for each filesystem.  That could be difficult to maintain.

Hope this helps

--
D. Joe Royer II       Collective Technologies
CCNA, CISSP, VCP      http://www.colltech.com