Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] automatic file list creation

2003-12-18 13:24:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] automatic file list creation
From: jon_bousselot AT sd.vrtx DOT com (Jon Bousselot)
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:24:44 -0800
I found similar notes on the veritas support forums.  Some documents say
that the actual file scan is performed AFTER bpstart_notify is run, so
some things can be done to exclude files or directories just prior to
the backup.  Since bpbkar kicks off the bpstart_notify, and presumably
the last bpbkar must also run the bpend_notify, it seems I cannot make
NB dynamically create a file list at this time.  I think I observed the
behavior you described.  I launched the backup, and eight bpbkar jobs
appeared in the task list.  The file scans began, and the system began
to stream data to the master server.

Thanks for your help.

-Jon Bousselot