Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bptm logs

2003-12-17 22:54:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bptm logs
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:54:06 -0600
--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

* Kohli, Vidit <vidit.kohli AT csfb DOT com> [2003-12-17 20:12]:
>=20
> Guys
>=20
> As far I experianced  NET_BUFFER_SZ will be always max 65536 depending on=
 the
> O/S
>=20
> even you set 256K it won't exceed systems setup which is 65536

All the Solaris systems I have at work are correctly using the
NET_BUFFER_SZ that we havee set to 256K. What I have found equally
difficult is verifying what your drives' buffers are set to. You would
think a spec sheet for the drive would tell you...

Also, one more thing to think about. If you are using mixed-media (DLT
and 9940, for example) you want to make sure that the values you use are
the maximum for the LOWEST buffer size, or you may cause issues for the
lower system. Remember, this is a global setting on the media server
that will affect ALL drives connected to it.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe