Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Over-riding queued jobs

2003-12-12 10:36:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Over-riding queued jobs
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:36:56 -0500 (EST)
> Mark Donaldson, helpful as always, wrote:
> >
> > A job that is running will not be interrupted by a higher-priority
> > job, but the queued jobs should re-order as higher-priority jobs
> > are added to the list.

True, but remember that being able to use a currently mounted drive
(whether using MPX or not) trumps priority.

>    Yeah, that's what I thought. :7) At least I'm not losing it.
> >
> > What part of it isn't working for you?
> >
>    Well, it looked like my PROD server was hanging out the back end
>    of its time slot, but I'm discovering that prioritization may
>    have indeed been working all along, since there are some TEST
>    servers in that Class that I didn't expect. (Hey, you kids! Who
>    put that there?!)  Which leads me to kind of a follow-on
>    question: if I have to keep those extra clients in that Class,
>    then how do I know the order in which clients in a CLass's list
>    will run? And can I change that order to ensure that my most
>    important system will get backed up, or do I need to make a
>    separate Class with a higher priority?

They get run in the order they're listed in the policy, except that
those which have missed a backup or failed will go first (so that it's
not always the same clients which get missed if the window is too
small, for example).

--
Larry Kingery
                How do I set a laser printer to stun?