Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: vmd died everyday on linux around 00:00:00

2003-12-12 05:56:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: vmd died everyday on linux around 00:00:00
From: perf AT peppas DOT gr (James Peppas)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:56:15 +0200
Is vmd running in verbose mode?
1. Check with ps -ef |grep vmd
If the vmd proccess is like vmd -v . If it is then goto step 2 else I'm
stumped...

2. In the /usr/openv/volmgr dir is there a debug log. I have seen that if
you start the vmd process in verbose mode with the the debug logs open
(check in Veritas Support for which these foldeers and logs are.) and then
delete them, when the day changes and on the attempt to create a new log,
the proccess cant find the directory it knew before. To solve this, stop
vmd, remove any verbose setting in vm.conf and restart Netbackup

JP