Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog backup failed; no media available

2003-12-10 07:07:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backup failed; no media available
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 06:07:39 -0600
everyone is right, depending on whether you are which version of the
Vault SAG you read (4.5 GA vs 4.5 FP3)  :-)

in unpatched NetBackup/Vault 4.5, vault did NOT pull from the scratch
pool for catalog backup tapes.

this was corrected in the first NetBackup 4.5 patch set.  do a search
for 'scratch' in this technote:

HTH
rob