Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog backup failed; no media available

2003-12-09 12:56:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backup failed; no media available
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:56:26 -0700
Ah! OK - sorry.

I'll go slink behind my couch now.

-M

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Walton [mailto:jonw AT n2h2 DOT com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 10:52 AM
To: Donaldson, Mark
Cc: 'RAldinger AT foxpitt DOT com'; veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

If we are talking about 4.5 Vault, it does pull from the scratch pool.
3.4 Vault requires the preallocation.

(From the Vault Admin guide)

Note If you use a scratch pool, Vault will allocate volumes from the
scratch pool to the catalog volume pool if needed. However, Vault will not
return expired catalog volumes back to the scratch pool because NetBackup
never overwrites catalog media, even expired Vault catalog backup media.
Vault returns expired catalog volumes back to the catalog volume pool.

-Jon

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Donaldson, Mark wrote:

> The catalog backup will not pick from the scratch pool.  You have to
> hard-assign (up to two) specific tapes to the catalog backup.  You can do
> this most-easily via the GUI.
> -M

US