Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving an Active Tape From One Robtic Library to Another

2003-12-09 12:26:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving an Active Tape From One Robtic Library to Another
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:26:05 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3BE79.86691620

When you remove the tape from the original robot, you have to then update
your inventories so the tape is marked as out-of-library.  When you inject
the tape into the other robot, it'll then be marked correctly.  Same from
moving it from remote to local.

In short, every move from robot to robot must include an out-of-library
inventory in-between the two robotic locations.

The remote robot does have the master server in common with the local robot,
right?  That'd be a requirement.  If they are different media servers on
each robot, you'll have to move the media information from the one media
server to the other.  By default, NB will try to restore the tape on the
media server that wrote the tape.

You can move the media DB info with "bpmedia -movedb -ev <tapenum>
-oldserver <orig_media_svr> -newserver <new_media_svr>"

-M