Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media 84 /85 erros

2003-12-09 11:37:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media 84 /85 erros
From: kfhemness AT ucdavis DOT edu (Kathryn Hemness)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 08:37:26 -0800 (PST)
Hello Imran and Len --

The 84/85 errors could be either a bad tape or a bad drive.  Is the drive
on a regular cleaning schedule and has the tape been used on other drives
without problems?

Also I've found that the EXIT STATUS 54 is usually due to insufficient diskspace
on the client for either Open Transaction Manager (OTM) or Volume Snapshot
Provider (VSP) caching.

--Kathy