Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Over-riding queued jobs

2003-12-08 13:36:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Over-riding queued jobs
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:36:16 -0600
--=_alternative 0066412586256DF6_=

http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/2002-October/013173.html

http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/2001-December/006913.html

- Scott

"Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
12/08/2003 11:03 AM

        To:     "'William Enestvedt'" <William.Enestvedt AT jwu DOT edu>,
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: [Veritas-bu] Over-riding queued jobs

A job that is running will not be interrupted by a higher-priority job,
but
the queued jobs should re-order as higher-priority jobs are added to the
list.

I've got NB v3.4 and it works fine for me.

What part of it isn't working for you?

Another option is to run your dev/test to a specific storage unit (with
limited drives assigned to the STU), reserving drives for the production
servers.  You'll have to get rid of your "Any Available" setting, though.

-M