Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Where in NBU are drive settings (LTO-1 and LTO-2 ) tuned separatel y?

2003-12-05 16:32:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Where in NBU are drive settings (LTO-1 and LTO-2 ) tuned separatel y?
From: Aren.Parisi AT wwireless DOT com (Parisi, Aren)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:32:29 -0800
Hello Joost,
What do you mean by "LTO1 media"? We use the atdd driver, ver 3.1.0.3 GES
IBM magstar ultrium tape device driver, the devices show "CLAIMED" on ioscan
to all of the LTO (1 & 2)devices with this software, are you telling me that
with HP-UX you must install two separate drivers and bind each by hand?

I'm looking at settings by device in the manual David C. pointed me to (many
thanks, David!) I'm investigating whether /opt/OMImag/bin/atdd_cfg numerous
settings might do the trick, until I receive your answer re:diff software.
Our current setting for SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS is currently 262144 by the way.
Thank you again, Aren