Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Write Error 84

2003-12-04 11:40:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Write Error 84
From: joe AT joe DOT net (Johnny Oestergaard)
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:40:47 +0100
--=====================_1941011==_.ALT

I would look at the medias and the drives.

Is it the same media that gives you the problem?
Is it the same drive that has the error.
When did you clean the drive the last time?

/johnny

At 14:47 04-12-2003 +0000, Khan Imran A wrote:

>Hi
>

>I know this error is quite generic but some pointers would help
>

>We have a 16 Windows 2000 clients backing up on dedicated gigabit LAN to
>window 2000 backup server which has a FC card installed. A Scalar 100
>library which has SAN module and so takes FC from backup server and
>converts to SCSI connected to 4 LTO drives
>

>This has been working OK for 4 months and suddenly started getting mainly
>media write 84 error and some error 83. First it was for one or two of the
>scheduled jobs now it occurs on all jobs including the Catalog. The drives
>keep getting 'Downed any ideas
>

>Someone said maybe a network issue ?? anyone have any advice
>

>Kind Regards,
>

>Imran Khan
>
>Data Storage Solutions
>
>Fujitsu Services
>
>Direct Dial: +44 (0) 870 325 2498
>
>Mobile: +44 (0) 7867 821 294
>
>Email:
><mailto:imran.a.khan AT services.fujitsu DOT com>imran.a.khan AT
>services.fujitsu DOT com
>
>Web: <http://www.services.fujitsu.com>http://www.services.fujitsu.com
>

>Fujitsu Services Limited, Registered in England no 96056, Registered
>Office 26, Finsbury Square, London, EC2A 1SL
>
>This e-mail is only for the use of its intended recipient. Its contents
>are confidential and may be privileged. Fujitsu Services does not
>guarantee that this e-mail has not been intercepted and amended or that it
>is virus-free.

--=====================_1941011==_.ALT

I would look at the medias and the drives.<br><br>
Is it the same media that gives you the problem?<br>
Is it the same drive that has the error.<br>
When did you clean the drive the last time?<br><br>
/johnny<br><br>
At 14:47 04-12-2003 +0000, Khan Imran A wrote:<br><br>
pointers would help<br>
dedicated gigabit LAN to window 2000 backup server which has a FC card
installed. A Scalar 100 library which has SAN module and so takes FC from
backup server and converts to SCSI connected to 4 LTO drives<br>
suddenly started getting mainly media write 84 error and some error 83.
First it was for one or two of the scheduled jobs now it occurs on all
jobs including the Catalog. The drives keep getting 'Downed any
ideas<br>
have any advice<br>
services.fujitsu DOT com</a><br>
<a
href="http://www.services.fujitsu.com";>http://www.services.fujitsu.com</a><br>
Registered in </font>England no 96056, Registered Office 26, Finsbury
Square, London, EC2A 1SL<br>
</b><br>
use of its intended recipient. Its contents are confidential and may be
privileged. Fujitsu Services does not guarantee that this e-mail has not
been intercepted and amended or that it is virus-free.<br>