Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Red Hat 9 Backups

2003-12-01 18:49:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Red Hat 9 Backups
From: crhea AT mayo DOT edu (Cris Rhea)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 17:49:56 -0600 (CST)
> Scott Jacobson wrote:
>
> > Red Hat Gurus,
> >
> > I've seen many threads about the incompatibility of RH9 with V4.5 and
> > the need to use the V3.4 client, however, can someone tell what are the
> > actually characteristics of errors seen when a backup attempt is made?
> > Error 174, 4x, 23....
> >
> > Thanks in Advance,
> >
> > Scott Jacobson
> > Novell, Inc.
>
> The error type was 174. I opened a case with Veritas and they said this:
> "The reason you get the 174 errors is because NetBackup doesn't
> support RedHat 9 at this time.  I expect support to start as of Pack FP6
> which is due out at the end of October beginning of November timeframe.
> Since there is no workaround, I would like to close this case."
>
> Any word on the release of this update? I checked last week but nothing.
>
> Take care
> --
> Jon D. Benson

V3.4 client will work fine on RH9 EXCEPT it won't do files >2GB.

The >2GB file limit was fixed in one of the FPs under 4.5 (FP3 or so??).

If you load the 4.5 client on RH9, you get the 174 error as Jon mentions.

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea                     Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility             Pavilion 2-25