Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange Brick Level Backups

2003-11-25 17:07:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Brick Level Backups
From: brounb AT adi-limited DOT com (Broun, Bevan)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:07:38 +1100
on Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 01:29:24PM -0500, Jim Langston <jlangston AT
northeastmedical DOT org> wrote:

> First question:  Is it normal for the brick level backups to run this slow?
> Second question: If not, what are some of the ways to configure this to run
> faster?

>From what I can tell from this list, this speed is normal. I am considering
a 2nd exchange server setup just to do database restores to. This would
provide practise at restore and it should be possible to extract mailboxes
from the restore server.

Im not an exchange person, so I dont know what issues are involved in
restoring databases from one exchange server to the other. Any suggestings
from the list would be good.

BB