Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bare metal restore

2003-11-24 15:48:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bare metal restore
From: Jason.Ahrens AT telus DOT com (Jason Ahrens)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:48:30 -0500
Here's the quick bmr rundown by OS type (if not using an actual BMR product):

Windows: Install OS and NBU client. Perform an in-place full restore overtop of
OS. Reboot.

Unix: Get a system up and running with OS and NBU client. Have a second hard
disk available. Full restore to second hard disk. Be sure to install any
necessary boot blocks/boot loaders. Swap drive to 'primary' slot.

I've used the Unix procedure many times, and the Windows one a few.

Jason