Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Maintenance Pack NB_45_5_M install BEST PRACTICES

2003-11-21 11:08:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Maintenance Pack NB_45_5_M install BEST PRACTICES
From: BobbyR AT belkin DOT com (Bobby Ramirez)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:08:56 -0800
Believe it or not we have not applied any maintenance packs since upgrading to
4.5.

I am looking for samples of "best practices" for installing NB Maint patches.
We have a Sun 2.8 server as the Master, and also functions as a media server.
Have 2 other Sun media servers, and 2 HP-UX media servers. The veritas
documentation just mentions running,
/bin/sh Vrts_pack.install,  then update the clients using update_clients, etc.
Not much on their site about backing up the previous install or catalog via an
OS backup, or coping it somewhere. Or how to recover from a back upgrade.
I asume the Master/Media server should be done first, then the other media
servers, then the clients. Is the update_clients script smart enough to what
needs to be updated on a media server? I would just like more head-up, and
gotchas kind of information.

Bobby Ramirez
UNIX Systems Administrator

Belkin Corporation
Information Services
310 604-2068
310 604-2022 fax
www.belkin.com

Confidential
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property
of Belkin Corporation and/or its affiliates, are confidential,
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not one
of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe
that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender and delete this message immediately from your computer.
Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.