Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 DC Oracle Agent Script, Selecting STU

2003-11-17 23:00:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 4.5 DC Oracle Agent Script, Selecting STU
From: adam AT tsatech DOT com (adam AT tsatech DOT com)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:00:29 -0600
Hi all,

If you have (2)Oracle application policies, each policy has two clients (namely
lprod and nprod).  One policy is set to use an STU made up of a 2/20 tape
library the other is set up to use a logical volume on a disk array.

The question that I have is that when you execute an oracle backup script a
client, lets say lprod.  How does it know which Storage Unit to use? We want to
make sure what certain user backups end up on the disks STU and other backups
end up on the tape library.  How do you specify this from xbp, jbpSA or command
line?

Thanks,
-Adam

This mail sent through Toaster-Horde (http://qmailtoaster.clikka.com/)