Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Memory holes in jnbSA?

2003-11-14 04:21:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Memory holes in jnbSA?
From: r.degroot AT dto.tudelft DOT nl (Ruben de Groot)
Date: 14 Nov 2003 10:21:46 +0100
Same here. Unfortunately, we have a rather stringent firewall-policy
and admin-console can not be made to work with vnetd. So we've tried
installing the Java GUI client on our workstations instead.
While this works and gives quite a performance boost over running jnbSA
on the master, we now see lots of bpjava-susvc processes accumulating
and leaving zombie processes. Exiting the GUI on the client will not
clean this up.
Only way to stop these processes from eating all the memory so far has
been to periodically "pkill bpjava-susvc" which, off course, is a very
lousy sollution.

--
Ruben de Groot   --- r.degroot AT dto.tudelft DOT nl
TU Delft DTO-IB  --- tel: +31 (0)15 278 1474

Michiel de Ruyterweg 12
Postbus 354
2600 AJ Delft
The Netherlands