Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB34 - Create list of schedules/classes per client

2003-11-13 21:46:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB34 - Create list of schedules/classes per client
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:46:51 -0600
--/WwmFnJnmDyWGHa4

* Rolf C <rolfcolmer AT hotmail DOT com> [2003-11-13 11:07]:
> Does anyone knows how to get a list of clients and in wich=20
> schedules/classes they are present? What i want to achieve is the followi=
ng:
>=20
> I have a NB34 environment +100 servers, +30 backup classes, each class ha=
s=20
> multiple schedules. Now i want to see per client when and what's getting=
=20
> backupped. So per client a list of classes and schedules.
>=20
> BPCLLIST returns a list with all info per class, but i would like it per=
=20
> client.

You can run bpcllist with a -byclient switch:
   bpcllist -byclient clientname

and you can get a list of clientnames by using bpclclients. The default
output gives a list of all clients in the format:
   Hardware     OS      clientname
   (e.g. Solaris Solaris8 myserver)

so you could loop through the output from bpclclients:

for client in `bpclclients | awk '{print $3}'`
do
   bpcllist -byclient $client
done

I don't have a system in front of me, so some of the syntax may be a
little off, but you get the idea.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com