Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] switch primary backup with duplicate tape

2003-11-13 12:46:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] switch primary backup with duplicate tape
From: dbase77 AT yahoo DOT com (Feroz F. Basir)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:46:19 +0000 (GMT)
Mark,

This is ouput of "bpimmedia":

Backup-ID            Policy     Type  RL  Files   C  E
 T  PC  Expires
Copy Frag    KB Type Density FNum      Off       Host
     DWO MPX Expires
     RL MediaID
----------------
sunprod_1068584871   sunprod_bk FULL  2   124967  N  N
 R  2   21:07 12/02/2003
 1   1 163365088 RMed hcart   1         2
sunprod    0   N   21:07 12/02
/2003 2  Z322L1
 2   1 163365088 RMed hcart   1         2
sunprod    1   N   21:07 12/02
/2003 2  Z321L1

Tape Z322L1 is primary and Z321L1 is offsite. I want
to change tape Z321L1 to be primary so I used this
command:
"bpduplicate -npc 2 -backupid sunprod_10685848".

Nothing happen when I run "bpimmedia" again and got
same result. How do I check if I successfully change
the offsite tape as primary? Apart from trying to run
restore. Can I check it using command line? Perhap my
command sytax is wrong.

Thank you again.

regards,
Feroz

 --- "Donaldson, Mark"
<Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com> wrote: > You don't
have to expire the primary tape to switch.