Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate media information

2003-11-12 10:36:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate media information
From: RLMarkham AT hafeleamericas DOT com (Markham, Richard)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:36:06 -0500
I run RMAN full backups to a Netbackup disk storage unit and then upon
successful completion,
I will run something simalar to:
bpduplicate -dstunit mytape -v -client myclient -sl Default-Policy -dp
mypool -s 11/11/03 19:00
This appears to duplicate my most recent full backup+archivelog images just
fine.

The issue is that bpduplicate is giving me no indication of what media id it
used for the
duplication.  I want to script this process which will send me informative
emails.  Does anyone
know how I can extract the mediaid particular to this bpduplicate run?

Veritas Netbackup 3.4.2
Solaris 8

TIA