Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup without barcodes

2003-11-07 17:31:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup without barcodes
From: JohnstoC AT Aegiscomgroup DOT com (Johnston, Christopher)
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:31:14 -0600
As far as I can see / understand, Netbackup requires a barcode capable
library to be successful with a media rotation schedule.

9 of my 10 sites are migrating from Backup Exec (which uses naming based on
the tape headers) and have been able to rotate a tape supply of 200 tapes
through a 7 tape library.  Now that we are moving to Netbackup, I am finding
that the amount of work necessary to utilize the full tape supply is
essentially insurmountable and severely hampered because those tape librarys
do not have barcode readers.

Is anyone successfully performing a media rotation without barcode ability?

Thanks,

=C=