Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Symlink

2003-11-07 10:50:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Symlink
From: timothy.arnold AT becta.org DOT uk (Timothy Arnold)
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:50:49 -0000
Hi All,

I am wondering how symlinks work, I normally install software in
/usr/local/software-version so for example:

/usr/local/mailman-2.1.2

I symlink this to /usr/local/mailman so I always know the production version is
located in this directory - If I point NB 3.4 at this symlink will it backup
correctly?

Thanks,
Timothy.

--
Please log any support requests you have at http://support.is.becta.org.uk

Timothy Arnold, Server & Network Infrastructure Support Officer, Internet
Services,
Becta, Coventry, CV4 7JJ, UK                      Voice: +44 24 7684 7169
email: timothy.arnold AT becta.org DOT uk                Fax:   +44 24 7641
1418

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com